Movie: The Notebook is about a couple of young lovers that grow old together. The woman gets Alzheimer's and the man trys to bring back her memories of their long history by reading from his notebook.
Connection: This movie relates to the Current Research in Alzheimer's Disease in chapter 6. Alzheimer's usually starts with changes in memory. Memory lose is mild at first but becomes more severe as time passes. Caring for a loved one that has the disease can drain a person emotionally, knowing that one day they may not remember you at all. There are no cures but the disease can be treated with medication.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As most girls my age, I love this movie. It makes me sad to watch what Alzheimer's can do like how it causes Allie to forget about Noah and their history and how hard he struggles to bring back her memory.
ReplyDeleteI loved this movie too. I had a grandfather who suffered from Alzheimer's it is a horrible disease to have to deal with. We did the same thing we would keep pictures and tell him stories that went with the pictures to try to help him connect with the part of his life he was forgetting.
ReplyDeleteThis was a wonderful movie! I loved it! It is so sad that Allie simply forgets. Alzheimer's is a very bad disease.
ReplyDeleteI remember shopping for Christmas gifts one year and I saw this woman and her mother. The elderly lady asked the younger woman if that was her Christmas gift and the younger woman told her that it was. The woman kindly looked at me and said she won't remember that we even bought this because she has Alzheimer's. I felt very sad.