Article: Research shows that getting enough sleep will help your brain process the day by strengthening your memories and the connections between neurons, resulting in better memory. Participants were asked to remember a list of numbers shown to them 10 hours earlier, after having a full nights sleep or none at all. Those who received no sleep made the most mistakes.
Connection: This article relates to Sleep Deprivation in Chapter 4. Students, for example, may stay up all night studying for a test. Therefore,they lose more information due to the fact that sleep is important for memory and thinking well. Lose of sleep disturbs the normal sleep-wake cycle and isn't good for the bodies health. Studies have been conducted to show that even being deprived of 2 hours of sleep can effect the abilities to function, as if they had no sleep at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I definitely agree with this article. I know that when I spend most of the night studying for a test that I tend to forget a lot of what I studied. I also am able to function a lot better in class and retain what I am hearing when I have enough sleep the night before.
ReplyDelete